Monday, August 1, 2011

Life's a Beach

I'm back from spending four lovely days at the shore.  Why does our time away from home go so fast?  My  pal Catherine and I had a great time reading, relaxing, eating and shopping.  That's right -I don't swim.  I love being near the water.  I just don't want to be in the water.  That's why we always book a shore front room, so we can sit on the porch and look at the ocean. 

I recently saw a show that traced the indigenous people of the Americas using DNA.  Once people thought all the "native Americans" came across a land bridge (now gone) from Asia to Alaska.  We now know some of them sailed across the ocean from Africa.  It is hard to imagine setting off on a journey when you don't know where you are going or if you will ever return.

Come to think of it, life is a little like that.  You don't know where you are going, how long the journey will be, or where you will land.

No comments:

Post a Comment