Friday, July 8, 2011

Paper Doll Convention Prep

I am excited about going to the paper doll convention.  I decided to take one of my past paper dolls for Doll Diary and make it into a book.  I chose one that features Paris fashions from the 1920s.  I also made some cute little trinket boxes with paper dolls decoupaged on them and I've done a few original framed pieces.  I have some paper doll fabric and have plans to make some aprons from it.  Since aprons don't have to be sized I thought that would be a good use.  I really like wearing an apron myself.  It's so retro.

1 comment:

  1. I have very high hopes of someday going to a paper doll convention. I use to spend hours with my Katy Keene comic books designing all kinds of clothes. I still love paper dolls. Your doll book with trinket box sounds wonderful. Will you have some extras to sell to those of us unable to attend. Oh I hope so.

    ReplyDelete